Monday, 16 April 2018

Printmaking

Went in the print studio on Monday morning and evening.
took me a while to remember how to do it again - I also forgot that doing the actual inking of intaglio prints is hard. I kept wiping off too much ink or having the paper too wet, not enough pressure etc.









the lino printing is easier because i just inked it then pressed it myself. lining up my pattern to itself was a bit hard though (see first version). I also was intending for it to be a pale pattern but kept making the ink too dark.



this was just clearing the ink off but I thought it looks cool.





this one was meant to be a lighter print for the wallpaper but still ended up too dark - though I do still quite like how the etching print blends into it kinda?

this one is a piece of fanart which I did to test a more complex design, in case I want to do that for my final. I didn't really get the inking to work yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment